[unisog] Email forwarding

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Feb 25 07:35:22 GMT 2006

Karl_Oder at rush.edu wrote:
> We are working on a policy for forwarding email after someone has left the
> institution. I would like to hear what other University's policies are in
> regards to forwarding Professors' and employees' email after they have
> left the institution.

We do not have a formal policy, instead we rely on departmental
requests. The defacto policy is that for academic staff who have their
auckland.ac.nz mail address in published papers or archived email get to
keep their aliases as long as they want.  Likewise for general staff who
 have been active in the wider community, eg. I expect
r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz to keep working for as long as I am involved in
computer security work which I hope will be some time after I 'retire'
in a few years.

Russell