[unisog] Available Position - Coordinator, CSC
epierce at usf.edu
Fri Jul 28 14:31:29 GMT 2006
Coordinator, Computer Systems Control
University of South Florida
Responsible for installation and maintenance of UNIX-related hardware
and software; includes implementation and administration of
applications and systems to enhance users’ environment. Provide
support to students and faculty concerning the technical aspects of
UNIX operations, as well as providing technical support to other
computing units on campus. Provide support to University’s
Information Security Manager and Incident Response Team.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with a Bachelors degree as an
administrator multi-user system running Linux and/or Solaris.
- Bachelors may be substituted by 3 years of full-time experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven experience with UNIX administration (Linux and Solaris) on
large, multi-user environments.
- Knowledge and experience with Windows 2000/2003 Server
administration and PC desktop maintenance.
- Knowledge and ability to administer large scale LDAP server
- Experience with shell programming (Perl and Borne/Bash).
- Experience with PHP programming.
- Understanding of MySQL server administration and database
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with peers and clients
People interested in the position must email resume to Marilyn
Cureton <cureton at usf.edu> by 08/18/2006
USF is an equal opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action
Institution. The search and selection process will be conducted in
accordance with provisions of the ‘Government in the Sunshine’ laws
of the State of Florida. Meetings of the search are open to the
public. All documents related to the search will be available for
More information about the unisog