[unisog] Cisco netflow and argus (was registering servers)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jul 31 04:30:23 GMT 2006

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:38:48 +1000, Rudolph Pereira said:

> infrastructure already set up - but there appears to me to be a constant
> murmur of "netflow doesn't cut it" that I'd like to investigate.

It may well be that netflow doesn't handle some corner cases well.  But if
there's one thing I've learned in a quarter century in this industry, it's
that there's a constant murmur caused by people who say "XYZ doesn't cut it"
when they mean "My understanding of XYZ's capabilities and/or the problem
space doesn't cut it"....