[unisog] New DISS Security Model

H. Morrow Long morrow.long at yale.edu
Thu Jun 1 03:23:50 GMT 2006

I bet they just do the double lookup trick:

1.	Look up the IP #.  See if it resolved to a PTR record with a .COM
domain ending.
2.	Look up the .COM domain host name and see if it resolves to the
original IP #.

They could do something trickier such as look up the IP's net block
in whois to see if the
IP belongs to an educational institution.

Morrow