[unisog] Windows ADS authenticating to LDAP server

Cosmin Stejerean cstejerean at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 02:24:24 GMT 2006

I doubt it is possible to authenticate people in your domain against a
3rd party LDAP server, but you can potentially get rid of the LDAP
server and use your domain controller as your central ldap server, or
install a product that will synchronize user accounts between the two.

Regards,

Cosmin Stejerean

On 6/13/06, John York <YorkJ at brcc.edu> wrote:
> At the college level, all our student resources are controlled by a
> Windows ADS domain.  At the system level (state-wide community college
> system) student accounts are maintained centrally on a server that
> allows LDAP authentication.  Does anyone know of a product we can
> install on our student windows domain to authenticate to the central
> LDAP server?  We're fairly small, and aren't looking to write something
> from scratch.
>
> Thanks
> John
>
> John York