[unisog] Inbound traffiic from Internet

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Wed Jun 14 21:17:34 GMT 2006

Football frenzy .. chalk it up to the world cup.

You'll need to do some sort of inspection to classify the traffic .. and
while Packeteer is the gold standard for such things, there are a few
freebies that do it well .. notably Linux Bandwidth Arbitrator (a
commercial version is called NetEqualizer) :

http://www.bandwidtharbitrator.com

Takes a bit of tweaking to get right, but works well and is free.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University