[unisog] Document Retention

Shane Williams shanew at shanew.net
Thu Jun 15 13:26:01 GMT 2006

There's an entire field of study on Records Management that may help
inform your search.  A general place to start might be
http://www.arma.org/about/index.cfm

States have varying guidelines for records retention, destruction,
etc. and I suspect most of them have a government agency that
specializes in such things.  Being in California, you might start at
http://www.osp.dgs.ca.gov/recs/default.htm

My guess is that most of the situations you would want to develop
guidelines and policies for are already addressed (though perhaps not
clearly) in the law.  Since you're at a private university, you may
not be bound by all of them, but they can offer you a starting point.