[unisog] A question regarding pppoe on wireless

Christopher F. Wilson chrisw at nipissingu.ca
Thu Jun 29 17:31:14 GMT 2006

We are looking at implementing pppoe over wireless for authentication, and are wondering if anyone else has tried this.

In our small test group(20 laptops) we had no problems at all, but are unsure of what back end hardware we should use.

Our test server was using a 500 MHz p3 with 256mb ram running FreeBSD setup smiler to the white paper on this site

http://www.hpi.net/whitepapers/warta/

We noticed no slowdowns at all in our testing, but when we go live we will be have 800-1000 clients using this setup and are wondering what kind of server hardware should we be looking at?

Christopher Wilson EET, A+
Network Support Technologist
Nipissing University

chrisw at nipissingu.ca