[unisog] A question regarding pppoe on wireless

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Jun 30 15:13:26 GMT 2006

Chris:

How have you balanced the desire not to change the AP configs against the
need to configure PPPoE on all the wireless clients?

Most modern APs support WPA/WPA2, so there is no cost there, as do most
modern client cards and operating systems do, too.  What's left then is an
EAP-aware RADIUS server.  If you're a Microsoft shop you can take advantage
of their IAS, and if you're using a lot of Cisco you likely have their ACS.

Frank