[unisog] Current 802.1x experiences?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Fri Mar 3 18:04:00 GMT 2006

	I'm curious about people's experience with 802.1x especially outside
Windows 2K / XP (i.e. Macs of all flavors and versions, OS 9 and OS 10,
Linux, Solaris etc.). The last time I remember this being discussed which is
a couple of years ago there were a number of horror stories about non Windows
supplicants not working very well. We are about to refresh our wireless
authentication (to Trapize) and can do 802.1x (as can all of our edge switches
which is also being considered) as well as web page authentication (primarily
because we pushed to make sure everything we own could do web page :-)).
	You can reply to me and I'll summarize or reply to the list as you
choose since I expect there may be wider interest.