[unisog] Systems support staff on HelpDesk rotation?
robin at umbc.edu
Wed Mar 8 18:43:49 GMT 2006
Our management is considering rotating all technical/systems support staff
through the HelpDesk on some sort of preset schedule. The stated goal is
to expose the staff to a direct customer service and support environment,
making them more sensitive to the customer's needs and the HelpDesk's
position as intermediary. Management's premise is that a lot of other
schools do this, and that it will be beneficial to all involved.
A few queries on the subject:
* Is your site actively doing this? ... considering doing this?
* What experiences have you had with it?
* Are customers happier?
* Are employees happier? (Management, HelpDesk, techies)
* Have workflow processes been improved?
* What reasons are behind the decision (either way)?
Feel free to add other commentary as it occurs to you. Thanks!
SysAdmin, Security Specialist
Office of Information Technology, UMBC
More information about the unisog