[unisog] Systems support staff on HelpDesk rotation?

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Thu Mar 9 14:13:46 GMT 2006

> Feel free to add other commentary as it occurs to you.  Thanks!

How about doing the opposite .. let helpdesk people shadow the
upper-level admins and help THEM out. This gives the lower-level
helpdesk folks exposure to more technical topics and gives them
opportunity to learn skills that will lead to their career advancement.

I do this with my student workers ... things like make them configure
Linux and Apache (or whatever) when they have free time -- then audit
their work -- just so thay can have practice setting things like that up.

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University