[unisog] Secure Cisco device management

Jenkins, Matthew mjenkins7 at fairmontstate.edu
Sat Mar 18 20:35:51 GMT 2006

I am looking to get some thoughts on locking down our management vlan where our Cisco gear (and other management devices) sit.  We have thrown around the idea of a VPN solution so that we can access devices from other networks other than where our administrator's workstations sit.  Does anyone have any suggestions for locking down a management network, and what kind of access into the network you would recommend (i.e. multihomed workstations/servers, vpn solution, etc.)?  Thanks for your suggestions,

Matt

Matthew Jenkins
Network/Server Administrator
Fairmont State University
304.367.4955
AOL: MLJenkinsCom  Yahoo: mljenkins  ICQ: 8116624  MSN
Visit us online at www.fairmontstate.edu