[unisog] Secure Cisco device management

Mark Brochu mbrochu at hartford.edu
Mon Mar 20 19:10:50 GMT 2006

Hello,

We use an management server with 2 nics, one being in the public vlan
and one being in the management vlan.  Also, we have dedicated ports in
certain areas that are members of our management vlan.  Access to the
NMS is done via ssh.  It also runs squid proxy (via ssh tunnel) for
those devices that require http access.  However, if your management app
requires dynamic ports you will have to look into a vpn solution...

Mark Brochu
Network Analyst
University of Hartford