[unisog] Problems with EDU.COM domain

Stephen C Woods scw at seas.ucla.edu
Thu Mar 23 15:57:12 GMT 2006

  <HUGE GRIN> they are welcome to all that spam. You should thank them
for clearing your mailqueues.

    Actually who gives a hoot,  it's not our (collective) address space.
We probably aren't at all interested in talking with people who are that
ignorant of the workings of the internet.

    You might drop a note to your campus counsel in Re: infringement on
your name (e.g.  UCLA got an injuction against UCLA.com which was a porn
site, one could and probably would make the same argument against
WVU.edu.com).
<scw> postmaster at seas.ucla.edu

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 08:36:20AM -0500, Jason Grove wrote:
> Hello All,
> Has any one else had problems with the edu.com domain? For example I saw
> some mail queued up to go to wvu.edu.com this morning, which normally
> just sits in the queues, but however it looks like some one has
> registered edu.com and put in wild cards so any *.edu.com goes to their
> servers, mail and web.... If  you have seen this what have you done to
> stop your mail from going to it? (I.E. for those people who believe that
> every address has to end in a .COM...)?
>

> Thanks
> Jason
>

> Jason Grove                     | One Waterfront Place
> Principal Systems Administrator | PO Box 6504
> WVU Information Systems         | Morgantown, WV 26506-6504
> Ph: 304.293.3011 x 2115         | E-Mail: jgrove at wvu.edu

-----
Stephen C. Woods; UCLA SEASnet; 2567 Boelter hall; LA CA 90095; (310)-825-8614
Unless otherwise noted these statements are my own, Not those of the
University of California.                      Internet mail:scw at seas.ucla.edu