[unisog] Problems with EDU.COM domain

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Thu Mar 23 17:56:35 GMT 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:52:13AM -0500, Brian Anderson wrote:
> They (Vantage Media) seem to be phishing for students.  Whatever college prefix you use in the address they make a page for requesting information from the school.

Interesting. They don't have that set up for every school I tried, but they do it for a lot of the better-known domain names. However, it looks like some have objected:

http://nyu.edu.com/
http://uconn.edu.com/
http://duke.edu.com/

Those were the ones that popped up during my checks, I'd guess there are more. Perhaps the outcome of a lawyer letter?

Bill.