[unisog] Problems with EDU.COM domain

Reed Loden reed at reedloden.com
Mon Mar 27 04:10:10 GMT 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:36:20 -0500
Jason Grove <jason at systems.wvu.edu> wrote:

> Has any one else had problems with the edu.com domain? For example I saw
> some mail queued up to go to wvu.edu.com this morning, which normally
> just sits in the queues, but however it looks like some one has
> registered edu.com and put in wild cards so any *.edu.com goes to their
> servers, mail and web....

<snip>

If you can convince VeriSign GRS, you might can use Appendix K, Section B
of the Revised VeriSign .com Registry Agreement (16 April 2001) to get
VeriSign to shutdown the domain and reserve it from being used.

See http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-appk-com-16apr01.htm
for the text from Appendix K.

It's worth a try, at least. :)

Good luck!