[unisog] Problems with EDU.COM domain

PaulFM paulfm at me.umn.edu
Mon Mar 27 14:40:41 GMT 2006

According to that page - edu is already reserved at the second level.

And so are mil, com, gov, and many others.

The page is copyright 2001, but the domains we are talking about have been
registered since before then.  So you need to find a copy of the
authorization from ICANN that allows the edu name to be used (see the top of
the page) as they may have restrictions on how it can be used.