[unisog] How Many Using RT/RTIR For Incident Reporting & Tracking?

Phil Rodrigues phil.rodrigues at nyu.edu
Fri Mar 31 22:23:00 GMT 2006

> NYU ITS Security wrote:

Isn't it embarrassing to send an email from your shared work account? :-)

> What kind of incidents do you log that create more than 1000
> tickets per month?

It sits as the recipient for security at nyu.edu, abuse at nyu.edu, etc.  We
do some pretty heavy procmail spam filtering in front of it, but it
still gets a little bit of spam (less than 10 per day).  Those are also
the addresses we use to communicate with other ticket systems, like our
Client Services Remedy system, which send things like "ticket 0000478383
needs action".

Most of that gets "rejected" in RT speak, which leaves us with:

1,697 tickets since Oct 2005

Or ~350 incidents per month.  10 incidents per day?  Yeah, that feels
about right.

Phil