[unisog] Ciscoworks database dump -- WAS: [RE: DMCA notices..]

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Thu Nov 9 16:03:48 GMT 2006

Found it ..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2408/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00804bb331.html

you're looking for the 'cwinvcreport' command. It appears the latest
version also allows you to email it (older one didn't .. thus I used
BLAT to do that).

Just set it as a scheduled task to run ~15min or so after you tell
Ciscoworks to do a discovery (depending of course on how long your
environment takes to do a complete discovery .. we do it every 4hrs and
it takes ~10min to run).

Again .. if anyone wants the perlscripts I wrote to stick that into
MySQL (it imports most of the fields you'd want .. you can tweak to your
own specs) and the MySQL schema .. hit me off-list.

Cheers,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University