[unisog] Honeypot in Netherlands mirroring entire DNSstructures for some .edu's

John C. A. Bambenek bambenek at control.csl.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 16 21:13:50 GMT 2006

Right, I saw that just after I sent the email... It's wildcard.

Because of the shear number of .edu's it's squating on, and the wildcards
I'm assuming malicious.  Best case, you have legit users typo'ing stuff
(like say, SSH connections) and giving their password to someone else.

So far there is about a dozen, I've found.