[unisog] Worm exploiting Symantec client defect?????

Karen A Swanberg swanberg at tc.umn.edu
Mon Nov 27 23:33:24 GMT 2006

Yes. There is a bot spreading via the SAV vulnerability listed here:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/security/Content/2006.05.25.html
The C&C is at www.flackware.info, and their DNS has changed at least three
times today.

This pops fully patched (OS-wise) 2000/XP boxes, unless the SAV port is
firewalled (2967).

I have not done the work on this, others have. I suspect a more thorough
write up is on the way. Please don't ask me more, this is all I know.