[unisog] Cisco switch monitoring without SNMP

Micheal Cottingham micheal.cottingham at sv.vccs.edu
Mon Oct 16 15:05:54 GMT 2006

Hey all,

We are trying to diagnose some network problems, and instead of running
around to a given switch, I'd prefer a software package to monitor
switches. I've seen a few, but they require SNMP. Unfortunately, for
various reasons I can't use SNMP. Suggestions? We already run a syslog
server, but I'm not sure that it will give me what I'm looking for.
Things like CRC errors, aside from the usual port flapping, the like.

Micheal