[unisog] Administrivia: Fond Farewell to Andreas Östling

John Kristoff jtk at depaul.edu
Wed Oct 18 10:49:46 GMT 2006

On behalf of the moderators for the unisog list allow me to bid our
colleague and friend Andreas Östling from Stockholm University a fond
farewell.  Many of you know Andreas from his prolific work in the Snort
community, particularly as developer of Oinkmaster, a rules manager for
Snort.  He has also been one of the unisog list moderators for a little
over two years helping to sort out legitimate posts from the spam and
keep the list moving forward.

Andreas is leaving Stockholm University and officially the academic
community this month.  He has indicated that he will be just a new
email address away and plans to keep an eye on us from time to time,
but he has asked to be relieved of his duties as list moderator.
Unfortunately for us, it's an option not a sentence so we relented.

Thank you Andreas and we wish you all the success in your future
endeavors!

John