[unisog] Email Archiving and retention

Paul Russell prussell at nd.edu
Mon Oct 23 21:49:49 GMT 2006

On 10/23/2006 08:39, Daly, Douglas wrote:
> Okay everyone, my first post... Hope you can help.
>
> We are looking into implementing email archiving and are struggling with
> the issues and questions it raises.
>
> If you are doing email archiving, do you have a formal retention policy?
> If so, please include the URL.
>
> If you are archiving, are you also providing discovery services to your
> legal department?
>
> Does anyone have good references for the legal issues?

You may want to pose these question on the HiEd-EmailAdmin list
<hied-emailadmin at listserv.nd.edu>. The list exists to facilitate
discussion about all aspects of email administration and management
in higher education environments. The list archives are publicly
accessible, however, you must subscribe to the list in order to post
to the list.

HiEd-EmailAdmin list archives:
http://listserv.nd.edu/archives/hied-emailadmin.html

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team
prussell at nd.edu