[unisog] Google Search Appliance

Dean.Halter at notes.udayton.edu Dean.Halter at notes.udayton.edu
Mon Sep 11 13:28:04 GMT 2006

Are any of the folks on this list running a Google search appliance
(http://www.google.com/enterprise/gsa/) within their operation?  We've
purchased one, but have concerns given all it can index.

“The Google Search Appliance makes the sea of lost and misplaced data on
your web servers, file servers, content management systems, relational
databases and business applications instantly available from a single
familiar search box.”

Although it has an administrative console, doesn’t cache anything and we
can always turn it off if there are problems, I was wondering what methods
others had used to integrate the appliance and restrict its searches.