[unisog] SP*M Detection Methods & Processes

Steve VanDevender stevev at uoregon.edu
Mon Sep 25 18:55:02 GMT 2006

Sylvain Robitaille writes:
 >    - rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org is checked from within Sendmail.  matching
 >      messages are rejected outright.
 >
 >    - opm.blitzed.org is checked from within Sendmail.  matching
 >      messages are rejected outright.

Note that the mail-abuse.org DNS blacklist has been for-pay and requires
signing a contract with them for years now (and now I think you'd have
to deal with some outfit called "Kelkea" or somesuch), and
opm.blitzed.org shut down in May.

We currently use sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org (which incorporated blitzed.org's
open proxy blacklist while that was still running) and
combined.njabl.org as our DNS blacklists.  We also have a rather large
/etc/mail/access file, and our users now have a web interface for doing
some basic control of SpamAssassin filtering in their accounts.