[unisog] Opinion on L2TP/IPSEC?

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Mon Sep 25 19:06:23 GMT 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 01:44:39PM -0500, Julian Y. Koh wrote:

> At 13:28 -0500 09/25/2006, Schley Andrew Kutz wrote:
> >What is wrong with MS IPSec?
>
> Nothing, as long as you refer to is as "MS IPSec".
>
> :)

	Which would presumably be because MS IPSec != IPSec due to Microsoft
using a K5 optional field to add some proprietery Windows data to make
MS IPSec incompatable with anyone elses IPSec and then rattled their lawyers
(over their "trade secrets" in the optional field) at anyone talking about
reverse engineering the fields to make it interoperate. I don't know if this
is still true though.