[unisog] mobo flash crypto laptops?

kemp at network-services.uoregon.edu kemp at network-services.uoregon.edu
Wed Sep 27 04:15:10 GMT 2006

Good information, thanks.  Excellent point Gary.
ATA "password lock" does indeed sound like what I
was being told about.  Looked a little at some of
the other references here.  Will be taking a closer look at:

	WinMagic SecureDoc
	Utimaco SafeGuard

We already have powerusers doing TrueCrypt.
Not sure how the non-powerusers would deal with that.
Infoworld looked at some of the former here:

	http://www.infoworld.com/Utimaco_SafeGuard_Easy/product_67496.html?view=1&curNodeId=185

Figuring out which of these work with what,
and how they work... yikes.  Oh, last note, I
did notice the buzz on MS Vista Bitlocker.  Something
else to look at, but we have needs that are more near term
than a Vista installed base.

John Kemp (kemp at ns.uoregon.edu)