[unisog] MAC addresses for wireless - do you require registration?

Christian Wilson Christian.Wilson at its.monash.edu.au
Mon Apr 2 02:46:56 GMT 2007

Hi,

We're currently doing a review of our wireless network, and one of the
components of that review is "Should we be registering MAC addresses
connecting to our wireless network?"

I was wondering what other people were doing so I figured I'd ask :)

So - do you require registration for MAC addresses for all wireless clients
prior to connecting to your wireless networks? (We currently do and then can
tie a MAC address to a user. This is then done again when users log in to
our VPN...)

I'll summarise with what responses I get.

Thanks
Christian.
--
Christian Wilson
IT Security and Risk Manager, Infrastructure Services