[unisog] MAC addresses for wireless - do you require registration?

Rick Coloccia coloccia at geneseo.edu
Mon Apr 2 16:14:45 GMT 2007

We also use the bluesockets- two of them - one academically and one
residentially - but we also use mac address filtering for groups of
machines that don't change often - our "wireless lab" - sets or 30 out
of some 300 machines - and then we also use 802.1x - it became almost
urgent when the bluesocket people said "vista? Oh, yeah, not without
client-side changes" - which was what we were trying to avoid all along
by using the bluesockets.  Now that we need to make client-side changes,
we decided to make them in favor of setting up 1x instead of setting up
a bluesocket.  I still get logs that show when someone logs on, so it's
nearly the same for me, and it's really better for the end users.

-Rick