[unisog] IPSCA free SSL certificates

John Kemp kemp at network-services.uoregon.edu
Thu Aug 23 03:56:29 GMT 2007

Cal Frye wrote:
> John Kemp wrote:
>> My concern on this one was that I expected that by default IPSCA would
>> not be
>> in the root CA caches on most client machines.  Are you seeing that as
>> the case?
>
> Actually, we find IPS Servadores or IPS Internet Publishing in most
> newer clients; We're using IPSCA certs on our NAC devices with few
> complaints.

( Had some folks point us at GoDaddy.Com as well.
They have a Class1 type that is $20/yr.  Class2 is $90/yr. )

Anyone see any issues with class #1 typing.  Some of my
worries about giving this a recommendation are

1) administrative control issues
2) whether class #1 meets the requirements for HIPPA or GLBA
3) the quality of the CA (reputation of the company, etc.)
4) weaker trust/verification in general

Comments welcome

John Kemp (kemp at network-services.uoregon.edu)