[unisog] Printers, printers, printers

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Dec 15 23:20:11 GMT 2007

As I said before, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it, but
unfortunately there's driver and other idiosyncrasies that make page
counting via SNMP less than an exact science.

See:
http://www.pcounter.com/revisionNW.txt
for all the fixes related to page counting.

If you restrict your page counting to a certain vendor and certain model,
the page counting challenge is probably manageable, but if the solution is
truly heterogeneous then it's a lot more work than SNMP queries.

Frank