[unisog] worm that looks for 139, 1433 and 2967

Scott Fendley scottf at uark.edu
Sun Feb 18 15:40:05 GMT 2007

For collecting malware samples, i would recommend a specialized
honeypot known as nepenthes.  It emulates many of the most attacked
services, attempts to decode the file transfer mechanism being used
by the attacking computer and downloads the file for analysis.

However, in this case it may be easier to go to a known infected
computer  and use tools like TcpView, Process Explorer, or similar
utilities to identify where the malware is running.  Stopping the
process on the infected computer and offloading the malware sample to
a USB key.  Then you can upload it to a place like
http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html and see if any of the major
AV providers are detecting it.  If it is not widely detected, you are
more then welcome to submit the sample to the Internet Storm Center
where the incident handlers can do more advanced analysis or even
send it to a master list of AV submission addresses.