[unisog] Extremely High Spam Statistics

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Tue Feb 20 17:15:24 GMT 2007

> Are these counts excluding mail from local users, and including
> "possible spam" that is not bad enough to reject?

Yes .. this is inbound mail only. It includes all the "bad" categories,
which on this system are

Spam
Likely Spam
Phishing
Likely Phishing
Virus
Policy

I do have breakdowns by those categories too, but we quarantine anything
that makes it into any of those categories. Users can "unjunk" anything
except virus and policy flags (the policy flags are basically anything
that Windows can execute by default .. eg: .exe, .pif, etc.)

In our expierence, there is no difference between "spam" and "likely
spam". For users that like to get mailing lists, we have them add those
senders to their whitelist (this also happens automatically when
somebody "unjunks" a message). Thus, the stats shown do fairly
accurately reflect what is/isn't actually SPAM.

Cheers,

~Mike.