[unisog] Cleaning up those networks

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Feb 20 20:53:26 GMT 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:46:26 CST, John Kristoff said:

> Many have done this.  I even put up some real hacky code for a web
> front end for this sort of thing.  The thing is, you'd probably have
> to be very careful and selective about what goes into this feed.  You
> could easily fill up your table space with thousands and thousands
> of addrs/nets with such a scheme.

I would be *very* surprised if such a feed isn't 3 to 5 times (if not *much*
more) the size of the 190K or so routes present in the average full routing
table.  Don't try this unless you have routers with *really* beefy RAM,
and be prepared for The BGP Flap From Hell if things burp (it may be bad
enough that bringing back flap dampening might be needed)....