[unisog] MSN Messenger - two questions

paul wehner pwehner at nd.edu
Tue Feb 20 21:10:10 GMT 2007

Hi Allan,
You could sell your machines and retire? <kidding>
In my experience if you can't fight it often it's better to control it.
Do people at your edu merely want IM or do they particularly want MSN
Messenger?
Have you thought about bringing IM in house via something like MS Live
or any of the Jabber implementations?
Does your edu AV handle IM malware? If not I would make it a prereq to
allowing IM.

Paul Wehner, Email Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team
University of Notre Dame