[unisog] MSN Messenger - two questions

Ben Beuchler ben_beuchler at mcad.edu
Tue Feb 20 21:29:15 GMT 2007

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 12:46:15PM -0800, Alan Rothenbush wrote:

> Sadly, these bosses (at least one of whom can fire me) now present a
> legitimate business need for which I have no other solution, the problem
> being that prospective students almost universally choose some sort of IM as
> the preferred form of communication.

We deal with that by installing Gaim instead of any of the
(big|insecure|buggy) official clients.

Seems to keep everyone happy while minimizing our security exposure.

-Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                         Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Network Administrator                                ben_beuchler at mcad.edu