[unisog] Joining REN-ISAC

Schoenefeld, Keith Preston schoenk at utulsa.edu
Tue Feb 20 22:10:15 GMT 2007

I know this email wasn't addressed to me, but since you sent it to the
list, I recommend three possible solutions:

1) Send an email to others in the area that you do know telling them to
be on the lookout for your request if they are ren-isac members (if they
aren't members yet, it may peak their interest, and maybe they do have
the network to get membership, then can give you the vouches you need).

2) You should attend Educause SP07 in Denver (April 10-12).  It's a safe
bet that there will be a fair number REN-ISAC members there given that
there's a REN-ISAC conference on Thursday afternoon.  Mingle, discuss,
socialize, get vouches.

3) Get on #unisog (irc.freenode.net/#unisog), it's a safe assumption
that several REN-ISAC members frequent that IRC channel as well (I'm
"racer", and I may be a member).  You don't have to commit a ton of
time, just enough to be recognizable, and you can get vouches that way
too.

-- KS