[unisog] FW: Cleaning up those networks

Palmer, Dave dave.palmer at Vanderbilt.Edu
Thu Feb 22 01:22:59 GMT 2007

Any one know who this person is or what University/business he/she is
with?  I am rather suspicious of someone who's web site name is "I break
things", and web site offerings include tools listed as "a proof of
concept backdoor", "theoretical Denial of Service tool...", and "SIP PBX
voicemail poisoning tool."

... Dave Palmer  (dave.palmer at vanderbilt.edu)
    Vanderbilt University - Information Technology Services
    143 Hill Center
    P.D. 34 - Peabody           Phone: 615-343-1604
    Nashville, TN  37203        Fax:     615-343-1605

From: unisog-bounces at lists.dshield.org
[mailto:unisog-bounces at lists.dshield.org] On Behalf Of Michael Holstein
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 1:10 PM
To: UNIversity Security Operations Group
Subject: Re: [unisog] Cleaning up those networks

Brings up an interesting point .. there's been talk over on NANOG about
creating a BGP feed for misbehaving hosts/nets so they could be
automagically blackholed on a border router.

Is anyone doing this (internally), and if so, how?

I'd love to see a public route-server for that info, but suspect it'd
get sued out of existence like some of the dnsBLs for spam.

~Mike.