[unisog] Cleaning up those networks

Peter Van Epp vanepp at sfu.ca
Thu Feb 22 17:59:36 GMT 2007

<snip>

> Hmm... I've not found ARIN to be that troublesome to work with.  As
> I recall if you can simply fill in the appropriate template appropiately
> and explain the change they should be able to accomodate.  If you are
> having problems, a simple email to them should result in a proper
> guidance in how to go about making the change.
>
> BTW, if possible consider using "role" accounts for email contact
> addresses, that way if an individual contact leaves you don't have to
> go deal with the whois database operator for an update.
>
> John

	When we did a similar change it was very painful. We had someone no
longer here listed as the contact and it took lawyers and notorized statements
proving that we in fact owned the address space and lots of time to get ARIN
to change it. As you suggested we changed to a role account :-). It may have
been partly that we were old enough that we registered before there was a
Canadian registry and we were therefore "grandfathered" (which I think
translated to poorly documented :-)) which may have been part of the problem.