[unisog] Changes to the administration of the Unisog list.

Scott Dier sdier at oitsec.umn.edu
Mon Jan 8 16:14:40 GMT 2007

Gene Rackow wrote:

> Greylisting on the mail server did wonders.  It's starting to
> show some signs that spammers are learning how to get around that,
> but it's still blocking over 80% of the junk that is attempting to
> get in.

I also recommend greylisting, it reduced my overall mail load a bit with
very few (clustered mailservers that attempt from multiple IP addresses
being the worst) issues.  I also use DSPAM and have seen DSPAM
successfully used alongside a ticketing system to heavily reduce spam.
(dspam is a statistical mail filter, crm114 and spambayes are also
similar systems -- dspam just happens to be easier to implement in some
respects)

--
Scott Dier <sdier at oitsec.umn.edu>