[unisog] WEB2.0 Security Issues

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Jan 24 20:31:34 GMT 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:51:06 +0200, avi shvartz said:
> What I am missing is a reference to security & privacy issues related to
> WEB2.0.

All the same ones that Web 0.99 had.

Since "Web 2.0" is more a buzzword than an actual protocol or design
methodology, you can't point to anything the way you can (for instance)
point at "privacy issues of HTTP Cookies" or "Things to worry about when
collecting personal data on a website that uses LAMP".

If there's a *specific* concept that's more specific than "now buzzword-compliant
with web 2.0", feel free to raise it and we'll discuss it.

> I would like to hear opinions what are the new security & privacy concerns
> that WEB2.0

Only thing that comes to mind is "fraud against VC investors who didn't learn
their lesson in the dot-bomb bubble collapse".