[unisog] Quota system based on netflows

Joe Bazeley JBAZELE at luc.edu
Mon Jan 29 18:41:48 GMT 2007

We're looking to implement a bandwidth-limiting system for our
residential users, something on the order of "if you use more than X
gigs in a 24 hour period we'll put a bandwidth cap on your connection
until the time period resets".  I've heard other schools do this by
monitoring netflow data and putting some scripts together around that
data.  If there are any schools who have implemented something like this
in a Cisco environment and would be willing to answer some questions
about their setup, please send me an email and I'll follow up with
specific questions.

Thanks,

Joe Bazeley
Loyola University Chicago