[unisog] AUPs re FTP and Telnet

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at unm.edu
Mon Jul 9 15:53:36 GMT 2007

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 02:06:59 EDT, Clark Gaylord said:
>> What I state is "no policy shall over-ride the principle of reasonable
>> people acting reasonably."
>
> Now if Clark and I just had reasonable people as users so we wouldn't have
> to keep breaking out the clue-by-fours.. ;)

We seem to have taken a different approach.. put a chair in place for
every department/organization on campus. Have one representative per
department/organization plus one for security. Use a musical device that
randomly shuts off at certain intervals. If security gets to sit down,
they are allowed funding and/or policy making. If security doesnt, then
other departments rules go.  Security is no longer allowed to bring a
cluex4 to the dance anymore.

--
Stephen Smoogen -- ITS/Linux Administrator
  MSC02 1520 1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001
  Phone: (505) 277-7343  Email: smooge at unm.edu