[unisog] Identifying if node is a router or PC

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Jul 14 20:53:42 GMT 2007

Does anyone know of a program, or preferably, a Perl module, that would
allow me to identify if a node is a computer or a broadband router?
Information beyond that (such as OS or broadband router model number) would
be a bonus.

I looked at nmap, but based on my reading an anecdotal tests, it doesn't
seem to do that well on routers that are doing NAT.  I would even accept MAC
address identification, too, if there was actually an updated list that
extended beyond the standard OUI.

Any suggestions would be helpful.  I've also looked at p0f and SinFP, and
they don't appear to be any more helpful.

Regards,

Frank