[unisog] Barracuda effectiveness (vs Puremessage)

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jul 17 15:47:07 GMT 2007

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:30:13 EDT, mcclenbw at oneonta.edu said:

> I have created what I consider conservative regular expressions (never a
> false positive seen or reported) used for header, subject, and body
> filtering.

The usual problem with "never a false positive" is that it's usually (as you
quite properly note) conservative about flagging positives.  Do you have any
numbers for how much stuff your regexps catch?  (Note they don't need to be
all *that* great - if they're resource-cheap, and catch 20% of what would
otherwise have gotten through, and don't FP often, they're probably still a win...)