[unisog] Barracuda effectiveness (vs Puremessage)

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Jul 17 17:09:04 GMT 2007

--On Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:35 -0500 Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com>
wrote:

> najbl.org is not a very well-respected RBL (just look at the de-listing
> policy!), I would recommend that you re-evaluate using it.  We've had
> nothing but trouble with that RBL.

We have used NJABL for a few years and have never had any problem.
That is, no complaint about a false positive has ever led me to a
message blocked based on NJABL.

What's wrong with the de-listing policy?  Lower half of this page:
<http://www.njabl.org/listing.html>

We check Spamhaus first, and if that matches we don't check NJABL.
As a result we have lopsided results like yesterday, 818,878 matched
Spamhaus and 5,747 matched NJABL-- that is, NJABL matched 5,747 that
Spamhaus did not get.  That's enough to be worthwhile.

Joseph Brennan
Lead Email Systems Engineer