[unisog] Windows Live @ edu

Mike Honeycutt honeycutt at unca.edu
Tue Jul 17 19:15:40 GMT 2007

Thanks for offering to answer questions.

1. Is the service free with advertisements?  How much screen
	space does the ads take?
2. What is the quota and how is it enforced?
3. Is there any backup/restore option if a message is deleted?
4. Are the advertisements targeted to keywords in
	each email?  If so, what is Microsoft's privacy policy?
5. Who do you call with problems?  What is response time?  24/7 support?
6. Assume spam/virus checking is included?
7. Are certain attachments blocked?
8. How long can students keep the account once the
	graduate/drop out?
9. How easy is it to get out of the service?  How do you
	get the (gigabytes?) of old mail if you bring the
	service back in house?
10. Is IMAP and POP supported?
11. What happens when students leave for summer
	and their quotes become overdrawn?
12. Are there FERPA issues?
13. Do you have options for campus-wide email
	distribution lists (all students, all faculty, etc.)?
14. Is there Exchange-type options - shared calendars, task lists, etc.
	for Outlook users?
15. Who does the RIAA, Secret Service, etc. contact if they
	have questions about emails being sent from a student's address?
16. Finally, why choose the Microsoft solution over the Google solution?

Thanks again
Mike Honeycutt
UNC Asheville