[unisog] Barracuda effectiveness (vs Puremessage)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at unm.edu
Tue Jul 17 21:39:07 GMT 2007

Daniel Feenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>
>> mcclenbw at oneonta.edu wrote:

>> The one issue I have seen with the PureMessage and some other SPAM units
>> is that they default to using the 'free' lists that spamhaus and the
>> rest provide.. and if you have a large enough email list you end up
>> getting throttled by spamhaus (if the emails asking you to change your
>
> If you join Spamhaus they will let you use the 'free' lists at high rates
> - you needn't switch to zone transfers unless that is what you prefer.
> Membership is not expensive.

Ah thanks. Was there anything interesting needed to get PureMessage (if
you use that) to not go to the default free one? [As you can probably
tell I am not the primary email adminstrator :), I just love statistics
so helped on that part.]

--
Stephen Smoogen -- ITS/Linux Administrator
  MSC02 1520 1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001
  Phone: (505) 277-7343  Email: smooge at unm.edu